Smoothwall Firewall project

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Mozilla weave really proves it worth on Linux


As I'm constantly testing several different versions of Firefox on my machine at anyone time, I occasionally have problems with extension incompatibilities , and there is a need to start right back at the beginning with a fresh .mozilla directory. I always used to rely on a backed up version of that directory, that was until Mozilla Weave came along.

It is now trivial to get all my settings back by just installing a single extension, the Mozilla Weave one, which I keep around on several types of media for just this purpose.

This is a great example of a cloud based application working extremely well, and as all the information is encrypted locally before being set to the cloud, one I'm very confident in using. It saved me again yesterday, and I can't wait until there is a similar bolt on to chromium, as it is a real winner.

No comments: