Smoothwall Firewall project

Friday 14 August 2009

Getting Ubuntu 9.10 running in Virtualbox

After downloading the latest iso this morning I decided to get it installed into a virtual machine and take a look.

Here are a couple of screen shots:

The first shows installing it into the virtual machine using the iso. I used 256 meg of Ram, a 4GB harddisk and bridged ethernet via my wireless card.



Once it was installed , I then installed the client tools from VirtualBox into the virtual machine.



Finally I installed the latest build of the Chromium browser into the virtual machine to test how that runs in the latest build. Instructions on how to get Chromium installed easily in Ubuntu look here on my blog.



It is running fine, and as it is using ext4 it is quick, even as a virtual image, and chromium also flies along to make the experience very pleasurable.

No comments: