Smoothwall Firewall project

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Turning Firefox 3.5 into Chromium on Ubuntu



Well I like the look of Chromium, and while it is making great headway at the moment with it's development, it is not a browser on Linux that you would trust to do your banking. So while I wait for the final release, I have decided to turn my firefox appearance to look like chrome, with one minor twist.

I have added these addon's to the latest daily build of FF3.5beta5

Chromifox Extreme
Chromifox Companion
Firefox showcase - just use f12 to see the thumbnails
Hide menu - which is also great on your netbook for more screen real estate.

All of these can be easily installed from the addons menu.

The minor twist is that I like the little Google search bar at the top of the screen, and I would be lost without it.

Anyway here is a snapshot of what it looks like.

It works really well with the latest release of eeebuntu on my Asus netbook.

No comments: